Monday, January 21, 2013

M Y W E E K : 1.14.13 - 1.20.13

Let me begin by saying that it's been quite the interesting week.

First of all, I really like the Daily Create assignments. I think it's nice to have little bursts of creativity in your day - it's probably one of the best things for your mental health. As I stated in my introductory video, instant art and expression is something I'm really into, just because I feel like it really encompasses all of the good things about how technology has become such a big part of our lives. In expressing ourselves (even digitally), we get a lot of things out into the open.
Going on creativity, the TED Talk we watched and discussed was also something I liked working on a lot this week. Most of all, it feels really good to be writing (even just for assignments), because it's definitely something that I didn't do enough of before. I like writing my thoughts on things I see and analyzing the effects they have on the world around me. For that reason, I'm thankful for this class where we are constantly reviewing and analyzing new, contemporary material.
On my latest bit of work for the week, my introduction video - If being normal in "real" life is something that is already challenging to me, I am probably most awkward behind a computer screen. For that I apologize, because I really feel like no one is really good at expressing who they are without some sort of interaction with others. Sitting in my room talking to a computer is pretty strange to me, and felt so unnatural that I had to close my door and be quiet so my housemates wouldn't realize I was making a video about myself. Making a video about others is one thing, but when you have to ramble on about yourself, I guess I just don't really know what to say.
On a final note: good news - it's snowing! :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel like everybody gets that feeling, like it's weird to be talking to a computer screen? Also, that wasn't a question, really?

    Solid write-up, glad you're enjoying the class and the material! Hope you had a good holiday, Theo

    ReplyDelete