Wednesday, January 30, 2013

V I D E O Z

CC: Flickr User la_salebete

Once upon a time, in middle school, I was a video-making fiend.
My friends and I would make music video excerpts, funny stories, and random videos of anything we could think of. Luckily, all (or most) trace of these videos have been deleted off the face of the earth, hidden somewhere inside the deep dark corners of my old green iMac, unplugged and sitting in my storage room, far away from here.
Since then, I haven't done a lot with video. In fact, the introductory video post was the first video I had filmed in a long time, and the Tongue Twister video was my first YouTube upload since those many years ago. It's rather unfortunate that I gave up on video a while ago, because directing, filming and especially editing are things I used to be pretty in to. But alas, times do change.
In the video unit of this class (which I was unaware of up until we talked about it in class), I hope to experience with making video from already pre-recorded videos and editing them - maybe like the "Silent Star Wars" video we watched in class (I think I just used the word video 4 times in one sentence). Although I don't know how to do that, I'd be interested in learning how to take pre-recorded film and changing it in a new artistic way - because isn't that what today's form of creativity is all about? Beyond coming up with my own ideas for video making, I want to steal someone else's and make something completely new out of it; just call me a copycat.

2 comments:

  1. You ought to find those videos man! Don't be ashamed of them. I'm sure some of them are better than you think. My girlfriend recently found a video that she and her friends recorded in like the 3rd grade of them making a "music video" lip syncing to shaniah twayne. It's hilarious now.

    I bet you have a gem hidden in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ryan, DON'T DELETE THOSE VIDEOS (if you haven't already). Later, you can watch them together with your friends, when you're like fifty, and laugh. I'm holding on to a low-budget movie version of "The Pardoner's Tale" from Chaucer that my friends and I made, waiting for just the right reunion to show it at...

    ReplyDelete