While there were many posts out there about having the perfect lens and being at the perfect distance from your subject in order to get the perfect macro shot, I unfortunately couldn't take in every aspect of macro photography from my iPhone. I tried my best though! I learned a couple things about shooting macro shots that I'll share with you:
- Exposure is an important part of macro photography – you want to have a high exposure so you can really focus on what you are taking a picture of. Since exposure is the amount of light shining on any part of a picture, you want a high exposure if you're going to be focusing on something small that you're very close to with your camera.
- Lighting, in turn, is important because it goes hand in hand with exposure. You want to make sure you have a lot of light on your subject since it is the only thing in your frame (macro pictures are usually of one small thing that takes up most of the frame)
- Focus is the main point of macro photography, because you want your lens to focus on the right thing inside your frame. Since macro deals with focusing on mainly one small thing, you want to make sure your focus is on point so that your subject is clean and clear to see
Here's a macro picture I took using my acquired knowledge:
So that's about it. Macro photography is really cool! I always like how macro pictures turn out, and learning how to compose them in a better way was really great. Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment