Wednesday, March 20, 2013

AUDIO PROJECT TWO - interviewing a house



Here is my final audio project, wrapping up our audio section for class!
My final project is pretty simple. I went around my house and recoded the sound from different appliances and other little things – I won't tell you exactly what they are, because I want to be annoying and keep people guessing (ha, ha, ha). Although this project is pretty simple, I had a lot of fun recording different things in my house and seeing what they sounded like on tape. These are the little sounds you hear everyday and don't think twice about, the little sounds you might as well not hear because you have been desensitized to them. I wanted to make these sounds more apparent - give them a voice, if you will. These little sounds deserve some attention too, you know.
I first got the idea to do this project when the two speakers from Michigan radio came to class on monday. One of them mentioned that she wanted to include the sound of a glass of water being filled into her episode. At first I thought this seemed silly, but after some reflection I realized that I really appreciated some recognition of the little sounds that go on in everyday life. Since we are focusing so much on sound, how it sounds, where it comes from and why it's important, why not also pay attention to the sounds we hear everyday? They don't have to be completely original, they can definitely be something we hear all the time, and not know what it sounds like exactly.
Anyways, I hope some people can appreciate this project although it seems a little basic...I'm not a slacker I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment