Sunday, March 3, 2013

w e e k l y . r e v i e w

This week I:

It's spring break woooo! This week before our break has really been one of the busiest in a long time. From midterms to papers to readings to other various unnecessary homework assignments, let's just say I'm pretty happy this week is over and I can relax over spring break. 
I don't know how I feel just yet about this audio section of the class. On one hand I do like listening to radio shows that talk you through a story or show you something new, but on the other hand my inability to multitask (that is, listen attentively to the radio and do something else) gets the better of me when listening to a radio episode. In turn, it becomes hard for me to simply sit down for an hour and listen to a radio special such as "Valentine's Day 2013". Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the work being put out there, but I can't seem to appreciate radio episodes as much as visual episodes. It's probably just because I've been so accustomed to a certain level of stimulation - I completely blame the entertainment industry that my generation has been raised by. Why sit and listen to a radio episode when you can race through a track in Need for Speed or watch the stomach-turning dramas of Mad Men?
Sorry radio, I don't think you're making the cut (I'm sure someone still loves you, though).

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand feeling like one medium trumps or beats another, but it's also important (imho) to be exposed to things that you wouldn't normally experience. Radio shows are another avenue for expression and, if you enjoy making videos, sound production is a huge part of that. Being able to produce your own sound give you more options than simply threading a popular song underneath your visual; you get more control.

    ReplyDelete