Sunday, March 31, 2013

d e s i g n create 4


The assignment for the fourth design create was to create a minimalist travel poster of your favorite or least favorite place. The Rackham building is my favorite building on campus, so I thought I would make a poster in it's honor. 
This was actually a little bit difficult to make mostly because, again, Gimp is so so hard to figure out – there isn't even a tool to make a triangle shape! Some of my corners are uneven and I think the last window on the right is placed a little bit off, but this is only because I could not figure out how to fix a lot of things, even after looking at gimp for so long. Anyways, my process was fairly simple:
  1. Fill blue background
  2. Make beige rectangle, add same-size rectangles to make the windows, color them gray
  3. Make green rectangle
  4. Make angled rectangles for sides of the roof by rotating them, color in with blue paintbrush to make seamless (this was the worst part)
  5. Add text

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME Theo. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete